Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The End.

As I complete my Science Methods course, I am asked to reflect upon my journey. To start, I will discuss my fieldwork. I very much enjoyed being mentored by Mrs. F. I think she is a great educator that displays passion for her field of interest. In addition, she cares for her students. Mrs. F is a fountain of knowledge in the field of Science. She enjoys sharing her knowledge and joy for the subject. She is compassionate for her students and understands that children have learning and emotional set backs. For example, she was able to motivate a student to create part of their Science fair project. If she was not there to guide this student, the child would not have even attempted the challenge. You can visually see the mutual respect that takes place in her classroom. I hope to run my classroom as successfully in the future. Unfortunately, I did not find the fieldwork to be as helpful as in other courses. If the fieldwork took place at the end of the semester, the class would have been able to excel in their lesson plans rather than go in blind. We were unaware of all the websites, games, and slideshows we could have used during our lessons. In addition, we spent the majority of our fieldwork time just watching instead of having the opportunity to interact with the students. Aside from fieldwork, I feel our class time could have been spent more productively as well. Although the technology that was taught can be useful, where was the Science? Science is my favorite subject and I was hoping the course was more Science based than just technology based.

No comments:

Post a Comment