Friday, February 19, 2016

I love Science sodium much! Haha, I slapped my neon that one.

Today I experienced my first virtual class. I got to experience the flaws and advantages of technology. Although it is an extreme advancement in the world to have the ability to view and contribute to a class online, there can be downfalls. The virtual class gave the professor the ability to hold a normal class without us having to be in the class room. The professor held class at it's normal time and was able to speak to the class directly and in real time. In addition, she was able to display a slide show to go along with the lesson. The students, had the ability to participate either by voice or through text. This is a great advancement in technology, especially for educational purposes. The downfall to my evening, and technology as well, was that I lost power. What happens to our lives when the power goes off? Technology is unable to be used. Although technology leads to amazing advancements, tools, and discoveries, it is not dependable. That is one of my big concerns about the world becoming so dependent on items that are undependable and unpredictable. It's great to have the knowledge and ability to use such tools, but I believe schools should not focus on them. I feel as though professors and teachers should not depend on them either. I want to my students to be able to depend only on themselves, their knowledge, and skills that will never go "out of style". Technology is meant to be a tool, not a lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment